Lakeside Cooling Towers has undertaken the latest innovation of OH&S in its cooling towers that provides a further protection against potential bacterial growth within cooling towers. Antimicrobial coating in its fibreglass components provides an added protection against the harmful bacterial, fungi and algae growth. The coating is also effective against bacteria such as E. Coli, Salmonella Listeria, Streptococcus and Staphylococcus.
This is important in water conservation as Lakeside Cooling Towers can use recycled or untreated ground water and treated waste water in its cooling process.
The new technology is approved for skin contact and also has approval from EU and US regulatory authorities for use in systems that include contact with food and water.
How does the protection Work?
Once incorporated into our fiberglass; ingredients kill and inhibit the growth of micro-organisms that come into contact with the material, providing the product with built-in antimicrobial protection.
Because the technology is built in during the manufacturing stage, and is not applied as a surface finish, it provides continuous protection for the useful life of the product.
Advantages of the MA series
MA series of Induced Draft Counterflow Towers:
- Energy Efficient
- Water conserving
- Fast and simple construction and installation
- Reduced civil construction costs
- Transportable in fully assembled format and available in smaller sections for existing and difficult to elevate circumstances.
- OR available as a DIY Kit
- Environmentally Friendly
- Reduced Maintenance costs
- Minimized OH&S issues
- Quality Australian and imported components
- Spare parts backup by this reliable company with 58-year history
DIRECT DRIVE MOTOR
- 20% in energy savings:
No loss of power as in shaft & Belt Driven cooling towers.
- Reduced Maintenance Costs
Elimination of gearbox reduces:
- potential shaft imbalance problems
- ongoing maintenance issues
- problems associated with build-up of minerals.
VERTICAL MOUNTING IN AIRSTREAM
- Eliminates belt slippage and breaking hence production loss
- Motor is sealed minimally to IP 56 standard and is constantly cooled and kept in optimum operational condition.
- Potential vapour /dust ingress into the motor eliminated.
- Bearing collapse potential and damage to motor due to corrosion.
- Reduced motor noise due to minimization of vibration potential
FRAME & PLENUM CHAMBER
- The tower’s frame is simple and easy to install into many basin arrangements.
- Lower silhouette.
- Greater efficiency of performance.
- Lakeside’s plenum chamber is unique and a significant part of the tower’s efficiency.
- Velocity recovery fan cylinder incorporates aerodynamic requirements into our design.
- The main motor mount support is designed to carry the weight of the motor and fan to vertical supports on the outside of the cooling tower perimeter.
- Additional external supports are non-structural and secure the removable panels.
- Non-structural and easily removed for access into the cooling tower
- Uv resistant
- Good sound and heat insulation properties.
- Black gel coating of FRP internals absorbs refracted light.
- Resistant to most corrosive agents.
The MA Series cooling towers have deeper basins than other designs. Benefits of this design include:
- Elimination of vortex in the suction line, reducing likelihood of pump or process failure.
- Reduced pump cavitation potential.
- Allowance for pipe water return during shut down thereby eliminating water wastage.
- Water temperature variation minimized hence improved energy savings.
- Reduced Ball Float fluctuation and water hammer.
- Reduction in chemical use.
- Reduced static water evaporation.
- Basin design outlet location selection to suit site conditions
- All Stainless 304 windows allow maximum air intake at minimum resistance.
- Enhanced air distribution
- Eliminates water splashing and allows direct access into basin.
- Eliminates direct sunlight onto the water.
MAINTENANCE – Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S)
- Access to fan and motor via trafficable structural fan deck.
- Fan & motor removal can be completed in 30 minutes (with the aid of a motor lifting device).
- Fast and easy service accessibility for inspection and cleaning program.
- Single removable panel eliminates the need for special platforms.
- OH&S safety requirements minimized.
- Motor is the only mechanical component.
VARIABLE FREQUENCY DRIVE (VFD/VSD) It is our recommendation that this option be installed because…
- The drive avoids sudden torque on the motor.
- It has the ability to reduce or increase fan speed in accordance with demand.
- It is energy saving and increases the life span of the motor.
- Self -cleaning
- Easy hand removal
- Wide range of water flow
- Easy conversion to different flow rates
- Light weight modular units
- Fastest cooling tower assembly
- Minimum skill
- Minimum tool requirement
Call us today for an obligation free quote
Telephone: +61 03 9555 4844
Facsimile: +61 03 9555 4866